Interview with Heather Olins, PhD candidate in Organismic and Evolutionary Biology at Harvard University, studying deep sea hydrothermal vent microbial ecology.
Hosted by Sarah Worsham.
Music is Light Emotions by MIGmusic.
Listen to Women in STEM podcast Episode 10:
Links to Heather:
- The Girguis Lab (where she works): http://www.oeb.harvard.edu/faculty/girguis/
- Nature Nerding episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxI9pnaouG8
- Nature Nerding episode 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M908hdsspjQ
- Heather’s website: http://www.heatherolins.com/
- Heather’s photography: https://www.flickr.com/photos/heatherolins/
- Williams-Mystic Maritime Studies Program (for college students): http://mystic.williams.edu/
- Shoals Marine Lab: http://www.sml.cornell.edu/
- Alvin Science Verification Cruise: http://alvinverification.whoi.edu/
- Wood’s Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI): http://www.whoi.edu/
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute: http://www.mbari.org/
- Sylvia Earle’s ocean conservation initiative Mission Blue: http://mission-blue.org/