We believe that women and girls can and do excel in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). We are building a community to tell the stories of women in STEM, showcase Women’s STEM organizations, and provide a platform where ladies can help ladies succeed in STEM careers. We believe that, together, we can learn from and help each other to make us all live up to our full potentials.
We plan to fulfill our mission by:
- Blogging about women and organizations in STEM
- Podcasting interviews of women in STEM to tell their stories
- Maintaining a directory of organizations that can help women and girls in STEM
- Hosting a community where ladies can help ladies succeed in STEM careers (mentoring, answering questions, volunteering time & skills)
- Developing lesson plans and teaching resources to help students learn about women who have been successful in STEM careers, and to make learning STEM subjects fun for girls.
- Donating a portion of any profits to a STEM organization that benefits women and/or girls
Marie Webster (@RieWeb20) is a post-doctoral Fellow at The Wistar Institute. She has a Ph.D. in Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and a bachelors in Chemistry with a concentration in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and a minor in Mathematics from Kalamazoo College.
Sarah was a geek long before being one was cool. She is comfortable with technology and innately curious about how it works and how it can be used. Sarah shares her love of technology by helping others to understand how to use it, through her blog at Sazbean.com and by helping with groups and events, such as Social Media Club Detroit, IgniteDetroit, FutureMidwest, and TEDxDetroit.
Ever since the Web rose over the horizon, Sarah has been intrigued by how it can be used to help people connect and communicate. Starting with a Computer Engineering degree from the University of Michigan, programming for large eCommerce sites (Eddie Bauer, 1-800-Flowers, Western Governors University), then managing operations and strategy for over 120 websites at a $120 million B2B media company, to an MBA in marketing and strategy from the Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan, Sarah has built a repertoire for understanding the inner workings and intricacies of the Internet.